ok here we go......if you haven't had time to get some supplies then you can just come back later and follow these instructions. Here's what we are going to create today! A gorgeous floral arrangement!!
Here are the Tools you shall need: and the next ones are optional
I was lucky enough to have a 3 in 1 Fiskars Floral Fastener which has metal picks & makes great bows.
1 . Make sure you clean off a space on your table and take 3 wooden skewers and your church candle (approx 6" x 3") You can use other sizes here.....your choice! Get out your Fiskars Drill & drill 3 holes as shown below...
2. Place skewers into holes ~ point end into candle and then trim off ends at about 3".
3. Using a bread knife ~ cut piece of Floral Foam to size required. Approx. 5" x 3" x 3".
4. Soak in the sink until the foam is water logged......you can tell by the colour change!
5. Using Fiskars Effervescence Border Punch ~ punch along one Border of a strip of green cardstock.
Size ~ 2 and a half inches by the diameter of your candle.
6. ...I used Fiskars Seasonal Punches along the strip of green off cut I had on my craft table.....but you could use any punches here......adhere to candle.
7. Push candle into the floral foam.
8. PLace onto a plate and add some thin ribbon around the bottom of your candle ~ double knot at the front!
9.Start pushing your stems of your greenery into the foam....I used my 3 in 1 Fastener Tool here to attach the metal clips around the stems...then I pushed these into the foam and spaced the stems around the arrangement....use Cypress,grevillia,any Aust natives.....but start with the greenery...and fill the spaces around the foam.
10. Now add in some extra natives with some colour....these look good in odd numbers....and in clusters...so usually in 3's or 5's if the plants are small.
11. Now create a bow using wired ribbon . I used the Fiskars 3 in 1 Floral Fastener Tool but you could use the Fiskars Bow maker or just create a bow by hand.
12. Add some Gold Stars on picks or any other Christmas decos you may have in your house...I also added a little bit of gold tinsel around the bottom of the candle to give my arrangement a little more of a festive look. Squirt with some water and voila you are done!! Just squirt with a fine mist each day.
Australian Natives are great to use in Floral Arrangements such as this as they last for a few weeks!
I hope you enjoyed creating with me......Floral Crafting really is relaxing and I just love using plants from around our garden to bring the outside inside.....for a homely feel! Feel free to send through your creations if you have made an arrangement today!! We'd love to see them!Merry Christmas everyone!