Kids Crafting – Octopus Puppet
Difficulty rating: Beginner
Designer: Valerie Salmon
What child would not want to make this cute little octopus? Did you know that this little fella is made out of an empty toilet paper roll? Plan a creative earth-friendly activity with your kid/s to bring this adorable creature to life using items that are readily available at home. Decorate your mini octopus with dots, stripes, buttons, googley eyes, and more!
1. Wad about 3 sheets of kleenex into a ball, then wrap the ball with 1 more kleenex sheet. Insert it at the top of the tube to create a domed head for the octopus.
2. Paint the outside of the tube and the top of the head. Let dry.
3. Using a decorative paper edger, make 8 equal vertical cuts halfway up the tube to make the tentacles.
4. Curl each tentacle upwards by rolling them on a sharpie marker.
5. Paint the underside of each tentacle.
6. Use buttons for eyes and use the "cup handle" of the Bistro Brew squeeze punch for the smiling mouth.
7. Add 1/4 inch circles using a contrasting colored cardstock. Adhere the dots all over the octopus' body. Add a band around its head.
*** There are lots of fun crafting projects being shared over at