Valentine Pencil Toppers
Difficulty rating: Beginner
These sweet pencil toppers created with Fiskars’ Clear Stamps and Punches make a fun kids’ craft or they can be created as party favors this Valentine’s Day.
1. Squeeze Punch 2 - 2 inch circles.
2. On one circle, run a thin line of liquid glue 3/4 the way around the edge of the circle (of the side that will not be showing) - leaving the bottom open.
3. Layer the other circle on top, press gently and set aside to dry thoroughly. This will create a pocket for the pipe cleaner.
4. In the meantime, stamp or punch the embellishments to decorate the two sided circle pencil topper. For the ones made here, I used a mix of stamps from several different sets as well as a mix of punches that I layered to create the daisy.
Note: The great thing about these pencil toppers is that you can make them as simple or as detailed as you like. For kids, use a variety of punches (including hearts) for fun designs. Stamp images on the punches or on pattern paper or different colored cardstock or even directly onto the background circles to make a quick project.
5. Create a 1.5 inch loop on one end of a pipecleaner or chenille stem.
6. When the circles are dry add the stamped/punched embellishments and insert the pipecleaner loop into the bottom of the circle.
7. Add beads (optional) and wrap the wire around the upper portion of a pencil to complete
**** For more fabulous Valentine and other Crafty Projects pop on over to