Holiday Wreath Card
Difficulty rating: Beginner
It's always a bonus when you can find alternative uses for punches to create other shapes. Punching multiple shapes out of the Fiskars Evergreen punch and forming it in a circle, it creates a wreath large enough to be a focal point on a holiday card. The punched jingle bells are the perfect size to adorn the wreath. With the addition of a perfect bow, you can spread the holiday cheer.
For the card base, trim ivory cardstock to 9" x 6". Fold it in half to make a 4.5" x 6" side-folded card. Round the corners with a punch.
Cut an ivory "grid" patterned paper to 4.5" x 6". Round the corners and adhere to the front of the card.
Add horizontal strips to the bottom of the card using coordinating patterned papers. Round the bottom edge corners.
To assemble the wreath, follow these steps:
- Punch 7 pieces each of green dot paper and dark green cardstock, using the Fiskars Evergreen squeeze punch.
- Lightly trace a 1" circle on the card using a pencil. This will be the guide to lining up the Evergreen pieces into a circular shape.
- Adhere the green dot evergreens around the traced circle, evenly spaced, with tree trunks toward the traced circle.
- Add the dark green evergreens in between each green dot evergreen, with the tree tops toward the traced circle.
- Carefully erase the traced circle.
5. Attach a red bow to the top of the formed wreath using a glue dot or other strong adhesive.
6. Punch 2 pieces of jingle bells with silver glitter cardstock. Adhere them below the red bow using foam adhesive.
7. Punch an oval shape out of the ivory grid paper. Stamp the Happy Holidays sentiment with red stamping ink. Apply it to the card with a foam adhesive.
.....these Fiskars Limited Edition Evergreen Squeeze Punches are now available in Australia through Wholesalers