Craft Inspiration Journal
Difficulty rating: Beginner
I am a sucker for journals of all shapes & sizes – I love having someplace to jot down ideas, and gather crafty inspiration. This simple journal combines some of my favorite patterned papers with interesting border details to create a pretty place to record DIY projects. In just 5 easy steps, you can create a variety of journals of your own!
1. Gather patterned paper and cardstock – a combination of patterns & solids works well. Trim to your desired journal size – I used 6 inch x 8 inch. Tip – allow a bit of extra space on pages that you’ll border punch.
2. Round corners if desired. Punch 3 holes on left hand side, and insert binder clips.
3. Border punch the lower edge of some pages. The new Fiskars Interchangable Border punches make it easy to quickly switch looks.
4. Add tabs to create divided sections. I used my favorite punch – Fiskars Round n' Round – to create rounded tabs.
5. For the cover, I decided to add some stitching for more of a hand-crafted feel. Simply punch out your shapes, and tack them in place with just a touch of adhesive.
Then stitch wavy lines using a sewing machine
I plan to create a handful of these journals – they’ll be the perfect place to store home décor ideas, crafty project ideas, magazine clippings, and paint swatches. What will you use your journal for?
.......for further crafty inspiration during 2012 make sure you drop by http://www2.fiskars.com/Activities/Crafting/Project-Gallery