one of my fave tools with fiskars has to be the Ultra Shape Express cutter. So this layout design is centered around that. (i'm also on a ripping, crinkled - distress kick)
I used the following tools
Fiskars Ultra shape express cutter
Fiskars Leaf template
Fiskars A4 sized cutting mat
Fiskars Scrap boss with Zoo Stencil and embossing stylus
Fiskars Tripple Track Trimmer
Fiskars No 5 micro tip scissors
Here is how I did it:
- I tore a thick strip about 3" and adhered that to the middle of the background
- I tore two 1" strips and crinkled it up by scunching them up into balls and then unrolling them but not fully
- I stapled those to the layout top and bottom
- Next I got out my Ultra Shape Express and freehand cut out my swirls then took my leaf template took off the orange spacer and cut out a leaf shape. I crinkled the edges of the leaf with my fingers.
- I trimmed my photos
- Then I took out my scrap boss and zoo template and used the stylus to emboss the monkey/branch on to the cardstock. Then took the sanding block out and lightly sanded the surface.
- I stapled on the swirls and found some printed aceate cut out the leaves from that with the scissors and stapled those to the layout.
- Cut out the embossed monkey from the cardstock and put Fiskars Adheasive Foam behind it to make it pop up.
- Added photos and used a paint pen to draw on the Faux stitching. finished off by adding the leaf and journaled on that.
Done - thanks for dropping by!
If you do a layout using this sketch we would love to see it.
email us: email@example.com