I decided to do this fun project as I really love the lead up to Christmas each year and I wanted to record the special Everyday moments for my family......and when Fiskars and Kaisercraft sent me some fun MINT TWIST Range of products...I was oh soooooooooooo inspired to get creating!!!!
So here we go.......
Here are the SUPPLIES/MATERIALS you shall need to gather this week to get started.
1) some thick papers 12 x 12 from your stash - these don't have to be Christmas Themed...you may wish to make this for another month of the year.....so you can use any papers/cardstock here (x 8)I used papers from the Kaisercraft Mini Twist Range...available in craft stores....Spotlight also sell them.
2) white cardstock such as bazzill or plain white x 6 sheets of 12" x 12"
3) matching embellishments - if you are going to do this for say a Summer Month...you could use Summer themed embellishments...I've chosen Christmas as I'm doing a Photo A Day for DECEMBER.
Maybe you might like to do this in readiness for an Autumn month...then choose Autumn themed embellishments...eg...stickers,punched shapes and your papers could be Autumn Colours...
4) some ribbons,wool,threads
5) 2 Silver Rings approx. 2" diameter
6) 2 Acrylic Covers - 6" x 6" - you could just use extra cardstcok for these if you wish to...I just had 2 6" x 6" Scrapping Clearly Acrylic Covers in my stash ...so I used them.
7) liquid adhesive such as Helmar
TOOLS you shall need are :
1) a trimmer
3) coloured pencils or markers
4) black fine liner pen
4) corner rounder punch OR Fiskars Twist and Flip Punch
5) 1/4" circle hand punch
Once you have these supplies organised then you are ready to start your Mini Album.
Taking your Trimmer.....cut your papers into 6" x 6" squares so that you have 32 squares
Next.....using a Corner Punch (1/2") or you may have the Fiskars 1/2" Twist and Flip Punch....round all the corners of your squares....
This should keep you busy for a while......so once you have finished this stage......just put your papers in a neat pile......ready for next week.......when I'll be back with the next Tutorial.
WEEK 2 (Wed. Nov 14th) we shall need your Helmar or any other liquid adhesive.......and some heavy weights....maybe some bricks,heavy books....see you soon. We'll also need your pencils/markers. Sound like fun?
If you have any questions feel free to email me or just leave a comment below here and I'll endeavour to answer all queries for you......
So what do you think? Anyone playing along....................would love to see what papers.etc. others are using........