Why not use the Fuse Creativity System to make yourself or a friend a cool looking leather bracelet as Rebecca Peck did!
- Using the tape measure on the Fiskars Sew Taxi, measure the outside circumference and add 1/2". Measure the width of your bracelet.
- Using your Fiskars Rotary Cutter, 6" x 12" Acrylic ruler and cutting mat, cut a strip of suede matching the measurements in step 1.
- Find the halfway point of the strip lengthwise and lightly mark with a pencil.
- Using a small amount of repositionable adhesive, adhere the design plate debossing side up, to the Medium Base Plate from the Fuse Creativity System.
- Wipe a damp paper towel on the suede strip. Don't soak the suede, it just needs to be slightly damp. This will make it easier to deboss.
- Using your center pencil mark as a guide, place the suede strip face down on the design plate, aligning the design where you'd like it to be.
- Gently place the medium cutting plate on top, rubber side down, and insert it into the Fuse Creativity System. Turn the handle clockwise to run the "sandwich" through the system.
- Remove the sandwich, lift the suede strip and position it face down on the design plate where you want the next debossed area to be. Repeat steps 7 and 8 until your entire strip is debossed. Let the strip dry completely.
- While your suede strip is drying, use a sponge to cover the inside and edges of the bangle with the InkaGold, following the manufacturer's directions for application.
- Once dry, wrap the suede strip around the outside of the bangle. Mark the excess lightly with a pencil, unwrap it and use your rotary cutter, cutting mat and ruler to trim the strip to the proper length.
- Using a sponge, gently rub some rust colored ink and InkaGold on the suede strip to highlight the debossing. Do not push it into the debossed areas of the design.
- Working on a small section at a time, adhere the suede strip to the bangle.
- Add the crystals or rhinestones to the bracelet once the adhesive has dried..........................................................................................
Medium Design Set 101100 - Element
- Item: 101100-1001
Straight Rotary Blade (45 mm)
- Item: 195210-1001
For further inspiring projects that can be created using the FISKARS FUSE......pop on over to http://www2.fiskars.com/Inspiration-Projects/Fuse-Projects