Love it when I come home from a "hard morning" taking a 7yr old and a hyper 4yr old that won't sit down in the movies to see "The Smurfs" then McD's for lunch.... dragged them around the supermarket for groceries then drive up the drive to see a huge flat package on my front doorstep!
When quilting I've been using a dark green cutting mat that is 1/4 of the size of the one above and really when cutting a meter of fabric that size didn't really "cut" it. I mean in this case BIGGER is BETTER!!!
Both are a valable at spotlight stores! Soooo awesome!
My hubby was smart and said "how many scissors does one need?"
Two this is what I use all my scissors for....(working myself around the circle clockwize)
- Kids orange and yellow flamed scissors - for my daughter for her projects (available from Wharehouse Stationery stores)
- Soft touch scissors (black and grey) - with a spring in them for fine paper shape cutting etc (Wharehouse Stationery stores)
- No.8 Fiskateer member scissors - for members of the Fiskateers only (join up... www.fiskateers.com)
- Pinking shears (Orange handled scissors) - for fabric cutting only - cuts a zig zag in the fabric to stop fraying. (won from Fiskateers)
- No.8 straight edge cutting scissors (pink with flowers on the blade - limited edition Hedi Grace design) - for Fabric cutting only.
- No. 7 strip cutter (purple handle) - great for snipping fabric and just opening them up to "rip cut" strips of fabric.
- Soft touch Scissors (pink/purple handle) with spring - great for cutting those loose threads on sewing projects and ribbon cutting. (won these online from Fiskateers) - Donna Dewberry design.
- My new Micro tips No.5 - not sure how/what I'll use them on maybe for small paper cutting. (spotlight)
- Fiskars/Cristina Re - decorative scissors for paper cutting - boudiour design (the drawing room - Christchurch)
- Green Micro Tip No.5 - These are for cutting my threads when I've been x-stitching.
- Orange handled No. 8 - the ORGINAL Fiskars scissors. Well you know you really have to have one just incase you cannot find your No. 8 Fiskateer scissors when in the middle of a project. (Wharehouse stationery)
- Lastly the little green kids scissors - to train those little cute children of ours the right way to use scissors safely. Great for 3-5yr olds. My son loves his Fiskars scissors. (Wharehouse stationery)
So that is my list and how I use everyone of my 12 babies!
let alone the other 5 fiskars scissors I have passed on and given away as random prizes.
Yeap quite a collection..... i'm sure I need some more...... somehow.... hmmmm