Gosh its hot here in Christchurch, New Zealand!
And yes the ground is still shaking here but only small 3 pointers and under and is hardly noticable. Last weekend we had a 4.6 though and the only thought I had was that it could have waited till I had the DVD on that I was going to watch.... a shake during a battle scene has an awesome 4D effect!
No its not scarey to me here anymore. The kids also shrug it all off. But we are the lucky ones. There are still people having massive problems with EQC and Insurance companies. Not to mention the center of the city is still closed and broken. Buildings are being demolished still and cleared. Orientation is hard especially when we had relyed on buildings as land marks that are no longer there.
Putting that aside everything is right and dandy.... Hot weather for summer. My kids will be going to school next week so I really can't wait till that happens. LOL
The layered heart card was put together as follows:
1. take out three sheets of red paper (thin paper) and trim the paper just under the size of the front of the card
2. Then cut a heart using the fiskars Ultra shape express and heart template with the self healing mat to protect your work surface in the middle of each.
3. Take one of these pieces, from the wrong side use your fiskars Shapeboss and sample template - and emboss using the stylus.
4. lightly sand all the embossed hearts etc with a sanding block
5. stick together all red layers
6. stick down all red layers to black cardstock
7. use black paper twine or twine to make a bow in front
8. you are done!
Oh look! Canterbury colours! (Red and Black)
Thanks for dropping by!