Designer: Lisa Storms
This versatile sketch includes a set of long tags which have lots of opportunities to add texture and interest while using up scraps! The Chip Off the Ol’ Block corner squeeze punch paired with the ¼" circle hand punch makes quick tags out of any paper that coordinates with your layout. You can have fun adding different borders to the bottoms and a variety of strings or ribbons at the tops.
Instructions (Print version)
1. Trim four long 2" wide rectangles from patterned cardstock.
2. Punch both top corners of each with Chip Off the Ol’ Block corner squeeze punch and add ¼" circle centered at top.
3. Punch or cut assorted borders at bottom.
4. For woven border, punch Leave it to Weaver centered at bottom of tag. Tape two colors of embroidery floss to back and thread each through embroidery needle. A needle isn't necessary but saves time. Pull first color up through first slot and weave back and forth for two rows and repeat with next color. Alternate colors until filled and tape off ends.
5. Tie assorted strings at tops of tags and adhere layered onto layout adding title with chipboard letters.
6. Layer a 4.75" tall strip of patterned cardstock with photos and journaling across tags.
7. Punch three circles from vellum and add sprinkled to layout with Sweet Maple punched leaves to complete layout.
Fiskars Brands: Limited Edition Squeeze Punch – Sweet Maple
Fiskars Brands: Corner Squeeze Punch - Chip Off the Ol’ Block
Fiskars Brands: Border Punch – Leave it to Weaver
Fiskars Brands: Border Punch – Apron Lace
Fiskars Brands: Border Punch – Upper Crust
Fiskars Brands: L Squeeze Punch - Round 'n Round
Fiskars Brands: Paper Edgers – Scallop
Fiskars Brands: Hand Punch – 14/" Circle
Fiskars Brands: Premium Cut-Line Trimmer
Fiskars Brands: Classic No. 8 Scissors
Other: vellum, string, embroidery floss and needles, patterned paper by Fancy Pants and Bo Bunny. Chipboard letters by Fancy Pants.